CANADIAN-MADE ASTM COMPLIANT MASKS
Safety is of upmost importance when selecting a mask for facial protection.
The Canadian Shield offers a full line of high quality, ASTM F2100 compliant procedural masks in a range of quantities to meet your unique needs and budget. Our disposable procedural mask line includes ASTM Level 1, ASTM Level 2, ASTM Level 3 and Unrated 3-Ply Disposable Masks.
ASTM Protection Standards
What are ASTM-rated face masks?
ASTM International is the organization that develops and sets the preferred international standard in healthcare for the requirements of the performance of materials.
A face mask that has been developed to meet ASTM F2100 standards offers the highest levels of protection in four areas: fluid resistance, differential pressure, filter efficiency and flammability.
What are each of the levels offered for ASTM-rated face masks?
There are three distinct levels of medical masks in the ASTM F2100 rating system, including ASTM Level 1, ASTM Level 2 and ASTM Level 3 masks. Level 1 masks are the general standard and are best suited for low-risk, low-fluid environments. Level 2 masks are best suited for moderate levels of fluid exposure. Level 3 masks offer maximum barrier protection and are best suited for environments with high levels of fluid exposure.
What are the ASTM protection standards for medical grade face masks?
ASTM F2100 outlines the requirements for materials used in the construction of medical face masks. The requirements are as follows:
How do I know which mask is right for me?
To determine which face mask is right for you, reference our Face Mask Selection Guide.
What is the difference between a procedural mask and a surgical mask?
Procedural masks are breathable disposable masks designed for one-time use in medical environments and are traditionally characterized by an ear loop attachment and a coloured outer layer. They are used to protect both patients and staff from the transfer of respiratory droplets by coughing, sneezing or talking.
Conversely, surgical masks are loose-fitting disposable masks designed for one-time use in medical environments. Intended for operating rooms, surgical masks are characterized by surgical ties behind the head and closeness of fit. They are designed to protect the clinician from contaminated fluid or debris generated during procedures.
How do I properly wear my ASTM mask?
1. Wash or sanitize hands before taking mask out of the box.
2. Identify the top of the mask by locating the stiff, bendable nose bridge.
3. Holding both of the earloops, wrap both ear loops around each ear, making sure that the white side is touching your face and the blue side is facing outward.
4. Extend the mask to its full size, making sure the nose, mouth and chin are covered securely. While wearing your mask, avoid touching the front and adjusting it often.
5. Squeeze the nose bridge to create a tight seal.
For more detailed instructions, click here.
How do I properly dispose of my ATSM mask?
1. Wash or sanitize hands before touching the mask. The front of the mask is now contaminated, avoid touching the front.
2. Holding both of the earloops, gently remove the mask from your face. Before disposing of the mask, break the ear loops by pulling slightly or using scissors in order to ensure that mask is not re-used.
3. Safely dispose of the mask in a lined garbage bin. If the mask is used in a medical setting, dispose of mask in a biohazardous waste disposal container.
4. Wash or sanitize hands after disposing of the mask.
For more detailed instructions, click here.
BUILT WITH PROTECTION IN MIND
Each procedural mask features three layers: a moisture-absorbent inner layer, a high-efficiency filtration layer, and a moisture-repellent outer layer. Masks are constructed with non-woven polypropylene for full coverage of the nose and mouth. Level 3 masks feature fourth outer layer for additional moisture repellence.
Our masks are 100% polypropylene as well as latex and fibreglass free for a comfortable, irritant-free fit. Ear loops are 70% polyester and spandex.
WHOLESALE & BULK PRICING
CANADIAN PPE AT BULK PRICES
If you're a hospital, medical institution, or organization looking to purchase PPE in bulk, please fill out our bulk order inquiry form.
Please note: this form is used for bulk orders only. For PPE orders of less than 1,000 face shields or disposable masks, please order through our online store.