Mask Machine Operator APPLY NOW
The Machine Operator will be responsible for performing various tasks to set up, operate, monitor, troubleshoot and perform preventive maintenance on assigned machines. The Machine Operator will also be responsible for making adjustments, inspecting parts to specifications, and/or tool changes as necessary to maintain quality specifications.
All Procedural Mask Machine Operators must adhere to The Canadian Shield's Health and Safety, PPE, and Covid-19 policies.
- Set up and operate a production machine in accordance with established procedures and guidelines
- Record machine data, such as part counts produced, maintenance, downtime
- Perform necessary pre-operation activities to ensure proper equipment startup and operation on multiple pieces of equipment
- Operate/monitor multiple pieces of equipment during operation to ensure quality production and minimal unplanned stops
- Making adjustments, inspecting parts and/or changing tooling as necessary to maintain quality specifications.
- Read and interpret blueprints and diagrams to select, position and secure machinery.
- Adjust machine settings to complete tasks accurately, according to specifications and in a timely fashion.
- Support and communicate with teams to ensure continuous production of the correct product at high quality levels efficiently
- General housekeeping and sanitation
Skills and Qualifications for Machine Operator:
- Previous machine operating experience in a manufacturing facility, or similar relevant experience is an asset
- High School Diploma or GED
- Communication skills
- Understand and respect Health and Safety guidelines and practices
- Must be detail-oriented
- Works well under immediate supervision
- A good understanding of production processes
- Analytical and numerical skills
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to lift 20 lbs, to bend, and to stand or walk for 8 hours
- Knowledge of Production Procedures
- Ability to Read Blueprints, Schematics and Manuals
- Work Independently
Salary & Schedule
- Up to $20.00 per hour
- Night shift
- Machine Operator: 1 year (preferred)
This position is onsite - remote work not available.