Extruder Operator APPLY NOW
The Canadian Shield is a national leader in Medical PPE manufacturing that is investing heavily in automation to become a globally competitive player in the field. Our team answered the call to retool in March and in just under a month grew from 10 to 150, secured contracts for 11M face shields, opened a 50,000 sqft facility and manufactured 1M face shields. Since then, we’ve invested in expanding our production to ASTM rated medical masks and are now one of the largest and most cost competitive manufacturers in the country. With continued investment in automation, The Canadian Shield will be globally competitive on cost and quality with overseas manufacturers to deliver medical masks to frontline healthcare workers around the world.
We’re looking for high torque, agile workers that are eager to play a pivotal role in the building of a new export industry in Canada. To be the right fit to join our team, you’ll need to be ready for a dynamic workload, a tight knit team environment and lofty goal setting.
Duties & Responsibilities
- The Extruder Operator is responsible for the hands on safe operation of equipment. This includes the start-up, operation, and shut-down of the extrusion line, including material transfer and downstream equipment.
- The operator follows standard operating procedures and work instructions to ensure the productivity and quality of production.
- Provides routine maintenance to equipment, assists with die changeovers, troubleshooting and continuous improvement.
- Reports equipment and tooling conditions as well as operating and maintenance recommendations to ensure safe and efficient operating state.
- Completes all required documentation, process logs, finished goods logs, production and shift summaries.
- Performs scheduled quality audits using calipers, micrometers, and precision scales.
- Assists with downstream operations, including finished goods packaging and changeovers.
- Work with team members, shift supervisors and all necessary personnel to take care of complications as they arise.
- 2-3 years experience in plastic extrusion
- Experience in manufacturing/production work environment
- High-school Diploma or equivalent
- Proficient in Microsoft office/Google Docs
- Able to lift 50lbs
- Knowledge of Health and Safety rules and regulations.
Other Relevant Qualifications:
- Experience with PPE (personal protective equipment) product development and manufacturing